Relationship Officer, Corporate Banking
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment?
The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom bank” is the place for those looking to new horizons.
We are looking for people who do things differently and who go the extra mile to make sure our clients have the best to succeed.
You have an enviable performance track record, with great follow through and always focused on achieving results. You have demonstrated very good analytical skills coupled with the ability to decipher great amounts of data.
You have excellent people skills and well experienced in credit analysis within the Banking industry. You possess very good knowledge in Corporate Banking especially around compliance and Risk Management.
Reporting to Head Corporate Banking with a dotted reporting line to a Relationship Manager, the Relationship Officer will support relationship/Account Manager in credit analysis.
The role holder will perform monitoring and control of designated portfolios to ensure that the department maintains a quality loan book by also ensuring compliance compliance to Bank’s policies on KYC, AML and the prudential guidelines.
The role holder will also provide back up support in client management by providing timely response to all queries, timely feedback of inquiries and efficient service delivery.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Carry out Loan application analysis and completion. Follow through the credit application from the proposal stage to disbursement. This will entail obtaining all the necessary documents for a thorough analysis of a facility request as per the bank’s Lending manual & credit policy, Spread the information in Finales and comprehensively analyse the spreads and Engage Product technical teams on specialized credit facility structuring, obtain its’ approval/decline then advise the customer via an appropriate letter of offer/letter of reject. Where the loan is approved, ensure that the securities are in place, proper charging done, the facility insurance obtained and the compliance certificate completed.
- Perform credit analysis – ensure that credit proposals have been well analyzed and presented and ensure the portfolio under management remains of good quality and as per the bank`s credit policy by monitoring and control i.e. effectively and efficiently manage the PAR (Portfolio at Risk) Excess, and Collateral. Respond to early alert reports and promptly advice the Remedial Credit Unit clients that require their attention before the position gets from bad to worse.
- Ensure distinctive customer experience – ensure focused efficient and effective customer service frameworks which will increase the flow of business from existing customers and generate business from new customers. Obtain status reports on the client, directors, guarantors if any, suppliers etc. and make regular customer visits and ascertain the level of activities, stocks etc. and analyze annual/management reports on annual/quarterly basis as well as interrogate account plans to ensure all leads identified are closed. Make follow ups on issues raised/captured under the call report with the customer/person/relevant department.
- Prepare Limit review reports and effectively advise the RMs and ARMs on renewal of overdraft limit expiry dates to ensure timely review of overdraft limits as well as ensure pre-approval of excesses. Ensure the land rates and rent, Insurance certificates, Valuation reports are up to date.
- Ensure data integrity of the Department Asset and Contingent book in terms of interest rates, Corp flags, ARO (Account Relationship Officer) codes, Base codes etc. Ensure proper ARO coding to avoid income leakage and perform portfolio audit review and implementation to ensure the department maintains a rate not lower than satisfactory.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- A bachelor’s degree preferably in Business/Commerce/Economics or a degree in a science or other related field where analytical skills are gained.
- At least three (3) years of frontline experience in Credit Management or Credit Analysis preferably in the Banking industry.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge of market’s regulatory framework, operations and practices.
- Proficient in MS Office with excellent report writing & Presentation skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Sound knowledge of financial analysis and cash flow projections.
How to apply:
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number HMM/TD/2016 by 22nd December, 2016.
We are an equal opportunity employer.