AIRS (Africa Indoor Residual Spraying 2) Project to be implemented in
six sub counties (Rongo, Awendo, Uriri, Suna East, Suna West and
Nyatike) in Migori, Kenya in the following positions:
Job title: Community Mobilization / IEC Assistant
The Project: The USAID-funded PMI AIRS (Africa Indoor Residual Spraying 2) Project led by Abt Associates supports the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), as well as USAID Missions and Bureaus with malaria programs outside the PMI focus countries, in planning and implementing IRS programs with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria in Africa by enhancing USAID’s ability to implement IRS programs on the ground through cost-effective commodities procurement and logistics systems, access to technical expertise, and implementation of IRS in countries affected by malaria.
The PMI AIRS Project is led by Abt Associates, an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries.
Overall Purpose: The Community Mobilization/IEC Assistant will assist in coordination and implementation of project related community mobilization activities in the County under the supervision of the County Coordinator and in coordination with the Community mobilization and IEC specialist.
- Ensure strengthened partnerships and collaboration between Sub County Partners and other like-minded partners working in the area.
- Maintain an inventory of IEC materials received and issued. Make timely, appropriate requests to ensure constant supply of material needed for IEC activities.
- Maintain proper records on County IRS Community mobilization and IEC activities.
- Participate in community surveys that are to be conducted.
- Conduct quality control and assurance checks to ascertain community mobilization and communication work is done to agreeable standards.
- Provide updates and analysis of key developments in targeted thematic areas.
- Organize and participate in community sensitization activities.
- Vocational training plus one and a half years’ experience in the area of community development, social sciences or other related discipline. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Must have had two (2) years supervisory experience preferably in monitoring and community mobilization.
- Proven experience managing IEC and community outreach /mobilization activities for local health programs is essential, experience with malaria prevention programs preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Conversant and able to communicate in the local language, Kiswahili and English.
- Advocacy related skills would be an added advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure and independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to train on heath related issues.
- Strong computer skills required
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position being applied in e-mail subject line e.g. “Community Mobilization/IEC Assistant” and specify location/ward preferred of by COB Friday, December 12th, 2016.
Equal Opportunity Employer: As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm’s values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.