Job Vacancy: Legal Officer
The Davis & Shirtliff Group is the leading supplier of water and energy solutions in the region.
The group is Kenyan based and operates through a network of Kenyan branches as well as regional subsidiaries in Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda and South Sudan.
The company has a total complement of over 500 highly trained and professional staff spread across the region.
The company is looking for young qualified, talented and outgoing Legal Professional with litigation, contracts and company secretarial skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Report to a line Executive.
- Provide legal counsel and representation.
- Company Secretarial Services.
- Advising on legal and compliance matters.
- Reviewing and maintaining up to date legal documents.
- Formulating the company’s legal policies and procedures.
- Handling legislation, registration and gazettment matters relating to the company.
- Preparing and implementing intellectual property right policies affecting the company.
Qualifications and Experience
- A second upper class university degree in Law from a recognized University.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with current Practicing Certificate.
- Membership to the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya(ICPSK) and the Law Society of Kenya and in good standing.
- At least 6 years’ experience with exposure to litigation, contracts & employment law and secretarial services.
- Good computer skills and be familiar with an ERP or HR / Legal software.
- Be self-motivated, disciplined and effective team player.
- Excellent written and spoken English, good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- High integrity, professionalism and attention to detail.
- Aged below 40 years.
The successful candidates will join a dedicated team of dynamic experts who derive satisfaction from “Improving Peoples Lives’ through Providing Water and Energy Solutions for Africa”.
Interested applicants should send their applications online HERE, CVs with copies of certificates , passport size colour photograph by 23rd December 2016.
They should also indicate their current salary and how soon they would be available to begin work.