The manager will be responsible for the production of events from conception through to completion which includes In-house cocktails, parties, music nights, themed restaurant activities, family events, exhibitions, product launches and social events.
- Researching markets to identify opportunities for events.
- Liaising with clients to ascertain their precise event requirements.
- Producing detailed proposals for events (e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets).
- Securing the locations and liaising with Artcaffe group management team.
- Ensuring insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are adhered to.
- Identifying and securing speakers or special guests.
- Planning room layouts and the entertainment programme, scheduling workshops and demonstrations.
- Coordinating staffing requirements.
- Selling sponsorship/stand/exhibition space to potential exhibitors/partners;
- Liaising with marketing and PR colleagues to promote the event.
- Liaising with clients and designers to create a brand for the event and organizing the production of tickets, posters, catalogues and sales brochures, plus social media coverage.
- Coordinating suppliers, handling client queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly.
- Overseeing the dismantling and removal of the event and clearing the venue efficiently.
- Post-event evaluation (including data entry and analysis and producing reports for event stakeholders).
- Report to the Head of Sales and Marketing.
- Atleast a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Event management, Hotel or Catering Management, Leisure and Tourism or Marketing
- Atleast 3 years’ experience in the same position
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Project management experience.
- Time-management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Problem-solving skills and diplomacy.
- Strong communication, teamwork and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage budgets.
- Flexible and adaptable approach.
- Candidates from hospitality industry are highly encouraged to apply.
Candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their CV to ‘email@example.com’ indicating the job tittle “EVENTS MANAGER NAIROBI” on the subject line by 13th December 2016.