Laboratory Specialist, Laboratory Sciences Division
Reference No: 18007
Position Summary: Provides laboratory technical assistance, capacity building, training, laboratory audits and assessments, quality assurance and blood safety services to clinical laboratories being supported by CDC in Kenya (Rift Valley region) and NIH/DAIDS-funded clinical study sites across Africa.
- Degree in biological or laboratory sciences within a clinical or diagnostic setting with 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Alternatively, a Higher National Diploma in Medical Technology with at least 7-9 years of relevant laboratory experience or a Master’s degree in biological or laboratory sciences with at least 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- At least three years’ work experience within a clinical laboratory including experience with quality systems including SLMTA/SLIPTA.
- At least two years’ experience working with blood safety or blood banking.
- Ability and aptitude to provide laboratory mentorship and capacity building to improve quality management and technical laboratory functions.
- Excellent ability to conduct laboratory audits and assessments and identify gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication including in English.
Interested candidates are encouraged to register online through FHI 360’s Career Center https://jobs-fhi360.icims.com, Key in the Reference No. Where a detailed Job description will be availed.