Location: Ngong Road, Nairobi.
Our client, a producer of innovative, handcrafted jewelry and accessories from sustainable materials, is looking for Finance & Administration Manager to join their company.
Contract Level: Standard, Full-time
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Accountancy and Financial Management
- Process Accounts payable, prepare payment vouchers, process online payments and record payments.
- Manage the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditure.
- Provide regular creditor reports
- Liaise with Accounts receivable manager to ensure all debtor invoices are sent out in a timely manner and follow up on and maintain expected payment dates.
- Manage bank and cash reconciliations.
- Prepare Accruals as required.
- Maintain asset register and depreciation schedule.
- Support preparation of financial reports, annual audits and tax audits
- Review financial statements with management personnel
- Coordinate preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting.
- Assist in preparation of management reports and actual against business plan and budget as required.
- Provide management reporting to Finance Director
- Prepare weekly cash flow forecasts and assist in cash flow management process.
- Preparation of financial reports to management and partners in a timely manner
- Involvement in budget proposal development
- Participation in grants opening/ closure meetings
- Inform the Directors of any information/activity that impacts the grant financial status
- Manage the internal audit function within the organization
- Ensure that all controls in place are being adhered to.
- Act as a focal point for external audit engagement.
- Preparing reports to highlight issues and problems and distributing the reports to the relevant people.
- Assessing how well the business is complying to rules and regulations and informing management whether any issues need addressing.
- Researching and assessing how well risk management processes are working and recording the results using software such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Preparation and review of monthly payroll for correctness and completeness.
- Produce and Issue pay slips.
- Maintain all payroll records.
- Process and maintain all leave records and accruals.
- Prepare and process all statutory deductions in a timely manner
- Prepare yearly payroll summaries and reconcile with statutory tax deductions (PAYE, NSSF, NHIF)
- Support all other employer payroll related activities.
- Oversee and supervise the administrative function of the organization including reception, property/facility management, safety of the work environment, and provision of furnishings and equipment necessary for effective operations.
- Oversee the management of all leases, contracts and other financial commitments.
- To ensure the overall smooth running of the Company’s internal administration and its cost-effectiveness.
- Track and monitor resource needs and other material needs for carrying out administration tasks in the organization.
- Monitor all legislation relevant to the organization (employment standards, occupational health and safety, human rights, etc.) and all regulations on professional certification to ensure that the organization is compliant.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or economics.
- Professional qualifications such as CPA/CFA/ACCA or similar will be an added advantage
- Successful track record of managing operations and financial and management accounting.
- Experience of managing staff and associated employment issues
- Previous experience in the financial and administrative operations [desirable, not essential]
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent planner and strategic thinker.
- Excellent risk management and cost control skills.
- Ability to take responsibility for decisions made and to learn from the outturn
- Ability to deliver timely results despite obstacles and limited resources.
- A strong grasp of all relevant legislation and of how it applies to the role.
- Commercial acumen and ability to think creatively.
- Excellent advocacy, presentation and communication skills.
- Good understanding of relevant IT systems.
- Excellent negotiation and relationship management skills.
- Self-motivation, a strong work ethic and enthusiasm for change.
- Understanding and interest in the arts and cultural sector.
- Committed to a positive approach to equality of opportunity and community engagement.
- A positive, communicative personality that engenders confidence in others.
- A keen interest in satisfying internal and external customers.
- A supportive and open line-manager and colleague.
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
*The Company is an equal opportunity, anti-corruption, and affirmative action employer.