AIRS (Africa Indoor Residual Spraying 2) Project to be implemented in
six sub counties (Rongo, Awendo, Uriri, Suna East, Suna West and
Nyatike) in Migori, Kenya in the following positions:
The USAID-funded PMI AIRS (Africa Indoor Residual Spraying 2) Project
led by Abt Associates supports the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI),
as well as USAID Missions and Bureaus
programs outside the PMI focus countries, in planning and implementing
IRS programs with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria in
Africa by enhancing USAID’s ability to implement IRS programs on the
ground through cost-effective commodities procurement and logistics
systems, access to technical expertise, and implementation of IRS in
countries affected by malaria.
The PMI AIRS Project is led by Abt
Associates, an international development organization composed of
dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research,
analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries.
Major purpose of the position: The major purpose is to support the County coordinator and Project Accountant in collecting the required information from county sites for processing payment of sub-county spraying staff besides observing proper accounting procedures, systems and internal controls in district field stations.
- Perform general clerical duties, to include but not be limited to photocopying, scanning, faxing, filing, and mailing.
- Assist in verifying and processing of payments
- Provide office administrative support including organization and facilitation for internal meetings, drafting agendas, and taking minutes;
- Maintain hard copy and electronic versions of a project archive, including contract and subcontract documents, client approvals, consultant documents, travel files, procurement files, project deliverables, project reports , and minutes of meetings.
- Manage and document correspondences between project offices, the home office, the client, other partners, and stakeholders.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, take complete and accurate messages for people who are not available, and ensure they receive the messages.
- Overseeing day-to-day office administrative functions
- Assist in procurement, storing and distribution of office supplies.
- Make logistical arrangements for project staff traveling out within side their region.
- Prepare and send pouches to central office as needed.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Procurement, Management, Business, or other relevant field.
- Prior experience in office administration.
- Knowledge and experience with Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other data processing and graphical presentation software.
- Ability to assess problems and develop solutions.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills and excellent organization skills.
- Preference for candidates who have experience that relates to USAID-funded projects or other international development experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Proficiency in English and Kiswahili.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to use spreadsheets and other accounting software
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and CV to
firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position being
applied in e-mail subject line e.g. “Community Mobilization/IEC
Assistant” and specify location/ward preferred of by COB Friday,
December 12th, 2016.
Equal Opportunity Employer: As
an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is
committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where
our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm’s
values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal
employment to all participants and employees without regard to age,
race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital
status, or veteran status.