Overall Job Objective: The GM will be responsible for the overall business growth, profitability and leadership.
He/she will direct, promote, and coordinate the operations of the organization in a manner that will optimize the company’s market share and savings, improve the organization’s efficiency, help achieve the company’s mission and goals, and result in outstanding customer service.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Business growth and development
- Demonstrate Commitment and take responsibility for the implementation of the strategy of the company.
- Demonstrate commitment to institution building and the development and welfare of all staff members’ clients and key stakeholders of the company.
- Responsible for the overall day to day business operations of the company.
- Development and implementation of organisational systems to support business plans and overall implementation of the strategy.
- Champion and Lead the adherence to organizational policies and procedures and ensure strict adherence.
- The amendment or implementation of new policies and procedures for approval by the board remains an ongoing responsibility.
- Developing and implementation of organizational systems and strategies to support business plans.
- Ensure that quality, innovativeness and efficiency are inculcated in the operations and culture of the institution.
- In conjunction with the relevant department head, formulate and manage appropriate financing products, and investment opportunities..
- Develop tools and key performance indicators to monitor and evaluate performance and communicate results effectively for immediate action in line with approved business practises and plans.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, act as a spokesman for the organisation.
- Identify, assess, and inform the Board of Directors of internal and external issues that affect the organization
- Foster effective team work between the Executive Director and between the Executive Director and staff
- Ensure that the operation of the organization exceeds the expectations of its staff, clients, Board and stakeholders.
- As the Policy and Procedure Champion, oversee the drafting of appropriate policies and procedures for the approval of the Board. On an annual basis submit a review of existing policies and recommend changes to the Board as appropriate
- Provide support to the Board by preparing meeting agenda and supporting materials.
Supervision & personnel administration
- In conjunction with the Executive Director formulate strategies to effectively communicate company goals and strategies to staff.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, define and monitor individual staff performance targets and evaluate on a continuous basis.
- As part of the staff and organisational performance evaluation, identify and define skills gaps and propose appropriate training and educational courses to improve productivity and efficiency and to develop staff talent and performance.
- Communicating values, strategies and objectives to all members of the organization
- Oversight and Responsibility to develop and maintain an appropriate and efficient salary administration program. Propose competitive remuneration based on company policy and performance
- Motivation and management of staff through planning and providing opportunities for employee advancement and development
- Implement a performance management process for all staff which includes monitoring the performance of staff on an on-going basis and conducting an annual performance review
- Coach and mentor staff as appropriate to improve performance.
Public / Customer Relations
- Develop sound working relationships with other organizations and within the business community
- Builds company image by enforcing ethical business practices.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Handle claims and complaints promptly
- Submit monthly reports, general information and recommendations to the board of directors
- Assist the board in formulating policies and provide all facts needed for board decision making
- Ensure that all regulatory, statutory and mandatory reviews, reports are submitted on a timely and efficient basis with due storage and filing.
- Arrange for board review of insurance, banking, auditing and other board approved relationships
Regulatory and Statutory Oversight
- Validate and oversee the Presentation of the annual budget to the board of directors
- Provide vision and leadership in long term fiscal planning to ensure continuity and solvency of the company
- Provide vision regarding overall financial health of the company
- Provide recommendations regarding investments and cash strategies
Learning and Development
- Responsible for continuous learning and development from time to time and ready to participate in coaching and mentoring other staff members as requested by your immediate supervisor or the Executive Director.
- You are expected to be very innovative and demonstrate a high level of creativity by identifying and recommending efficient n effective ways of improving operations in your area of work that will promote business growth.
- You are expected to practice cost management and control in your area and adhere to the budget for all areas under your management.
- A strong business driver, with a degree in business management, finance or other relevant field.
- 5 – 8 years’ experience, 4 of which should have been in a management role.
- Proven leadership and business growth abilities.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- A strong business understanding and an appreciation of financials.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with General Manager on the Subject line.