Vacancy: Chief Finance Officer
Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital, Nairobi Kenya was founded in 1947, and is the longest established paediatric hospital in East and Central Africa.
It is recognized as a leading children’s hospital in Africa. Gertrude’s has a unique advantage in paediatric healthcare service delivery ranging from primary to tertiary care including well-baby preventive care, accident and emergency care, outpatient care, paediatric specialist and sub-specialist care, inpatient and critical care, and specialized surgical care.
The Board of Trustees of Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital seeks to appoint a Chief Finance Officer who will be reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer and will be responsible for three direct reports, namely the Chief Accountant, the Head of Information Communication Technology, and the Head of Purchasing.
He/she will have oversight of a total team of 36 people.
The Chief Finance Officer will have overall responsibility for all financial aspects of the hospital as well as advising the Chief Executive Officer and the Board on strategy, financial management and other aspects as required.
The position will provide executive leadership and management for all financial functions while ensuring the hospital’s financial goals are achieved, working to also facilitate beneficial relationships between the hospital and critical Stakeholders.
Qualifications, Experience and Background
The ideal candidate will have:
- A demonstrated track record in leadership practices; at least five years’ experience in senior finance management responsibilities; a degree in finance, accounting or related business fields.
- An internationally recognized professional accounting accreditation such as CPA /ACCA.
- Master’s degree in business management, as an added advantage.
- Ideal candidate should have a strong audit background.
- Sound understanding of ERP systems and their functionalities.
- Candidates with experience working in a multisite organization that encompasses multiple business units would also be an added advantage.
To apply, please contact our Executive Search Partner, Career Connections on:
Deadline for application is Friday 24th December 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.