Global Programs seeks to recruit a highly competent individual for the following position: –
Director of Epidemiology & Statistics
We are recruiting an individual through our affiliated international NGO Global Programs for Research & Training to serve as Director of Epidemiology & Statistics to provide leadership and oversight on all HIV surveillance projects and supervise the surveillance and epidemiology team.
Under the direction of the Country Director, the Director of Epidemiology & Statistics will:
- Provide leadership and oversight on all HIV surveillance projects, including HIV/AIDS case-based surveillance, integrated bio-behavioural surveillance (IBBS) surveys, mortality surveys, AIDS indicator surveys (AIS), longitudinal care and treatment surveys, and others as needed.
- Establish and maintain close collaboration with the Ministry of Health (MoH), CDC-Kenya and other agencies and institutions, and key partners.
- Lead the development of survey protocols, tools and training materials for surveillance activities.
- Develop analysis plans for surveillance and M&E activities, conduct data analysis and participate in interpretation of data.
- Facilitate dissemination of surveillance and M&E data, through preparation of presentations, reports and scientific manuscripts.
- Review and provide feedback on data analysis plans and statistical output for other projects.
- Plan and facilitate data analysis, report and manuscript writing workshops.
- Provide technical assistance, capacity building and mentorship to MoH Officers, FELTP epidemiologists and other fellows and partners on epidemiologic and surveillance methods, survey design, data collection, management, analysis and use, as well as results dissemination through reports and manuscripts.
- Supervise a multi-disciplinary team of epidemiologists, statisticians, surveillance officers, data managers and other surveillance personnel.
- Advanced degree in epidemiology, statistics or related field
- Minimum 15 years of management experience in epidemiology, statistics or surveillance.
- Broad knowledge of concepts of public health, epidemiology, statistics and surveillance.
- Demonstrated experience and technical expertise with HIV case-based surveillance, national population-based surveys with multi-stage stratified cluster sampling, and integrated bio-behavioural surveillance methods for key populations – Respondent-Driven Sampling, Time-Location Sampling
- Demonstrated experience and technical expertise with analysis of complex survey data, multivariate analysis, modeling, and geo-spatial analysis
- Demonstrated experience preparing survey and surveillance protocols, technical reports and scientific manuscripts
- Demonstrated experience providing training and capacity building on epidemiologic and surveillance methods, survey design, data collection, data management, data analysis and use, and report and manuscript development
- High-level proficiency in SAS and STATA statistical software packages
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- In-depth, comprehensive, and evolving knowledge of statistical and mathematical analysis techniques integrated with computer applications.
- Ability to work under general direction with minimal supervision, prioritize program activities, manage multiple activities with competing timelines and deadlines, and multitask.
- Strong interpersonal skills in working with colleagues, subordinate staff, as well as partner and funding organizations.
- Ability to effectively communicate complicated epidemiological information to diverse audiences in a clear and concise manner, both in written and oral form.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 6th January, 2017.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement