Our Client, Global Programs for Research & Training, is an international NGO wholly owned and controlled affiliate of the University of California San Francisco (UCSF).
Field IT Officer
Global Programs seeks to recruit a highly competent individual for the following position: –
Field IT Officer
Reporting to: Director for Programmatic Operations for Bixby Programs
Job Purpose: The Field IT Officer is responsible for the smooth running of the organisations’ Kisumu office computer systems.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
- 2 years’ experience in Information Technology
- Experience working with non-governmental organisations
- Experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
Skills and Attributes
- Personal integrity and transparency
- Great communication skills
- Excellent customer/client satisfaction skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritise responsibilities under pressure and be self-motivated
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with purchase and installation of new computers
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems including ensuring that encryption software is deployed on all computers, laptops, other IT devices
- Assess available internet service providers for internet speed and cost and contract with appropriate service provider
- Provide application support including hardware/software installations
- Perform routine maintenance of all network and server hardware
- Configure and manage active user directory in the organisation
- Configure, and deploy staff’s hardware, software and peripherals and maintain an inventory of all computer equipment
- Receives and logs requests for support from users and responds to the requests in a logical and prioritized manner
- Assist in resolving problems and faults occurring in the operation of hardware and software
- Provide guidance and advice to staff on policy issues related to IT equipment safety and maintain confidentiality and observe data protection guidelines of the organization
- Ensure software licenses are in place for applications used
- Ensure data is backed-up regularly
- Train other staff on IT functions to empower staff to handle basic support matters
- Maintain a list of all deployed IT equipment by hostname/serial numbers and track which users they are deployed to and track any changes that occur
- Continuous review and upgrade IT systems in line with organisation needs
- Assist IT staff in sub-counties as needed
- And any other duties assigned
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 6th January, 2017.
Clearly indicate the position applied for on the subject line and expected remuneration.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement