Our Client, Global Programs for Research & Training, is an international NGO wholly owned and controlled affiliate of the University of California San Francisco (UCSF).
Global Programs seeks to recruit highly competent individuals for the following positions: –
Field Office Accountant
Reporting to: Accountant
Location: Kisumu or Suba / Rongo
Job Purpose: The sub-county accountant will be responsible to ensure that utility services are made available and bills paid promptly, coordinate use of project assets and equipment, handle and account for field imprest, maintain project financial records and prepare weekly reports.
They will apply accounting principles and procedures and provide accurate and timely financial information.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Minimum CPA II to Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) finalist
- Bachelor’s degree will be an added advantage
- 1-2 years’ experience in accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and accounting systems/software. QuickBooks preferred
Skills and Attributes:
- Personal integrity and transparency
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical, documentation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including report writing
- Ability to prioritise responsibilities under pressure and be self-motivated
- Ability to travel to project areas
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Swahili
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare vouchers, invoices, and other payments documents and ensure that all transactions are fully supported with appropriate back-up documentation
- Manage bi-weekly petty requests based on approved documents and present to accountant for review and disbursement
- Record cash receipt and make required petty cash transactions
- Maintain the sub county cashbooks
- Set-up MPESA for all petty cash transactions for specific vendors
- Manage and reconcile MPESA transactions at sub county level
- Prepare monthly sub county petty cash reconciliations for the organisation main accounts.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Prepare weekly petty cash counts reports
- Monitor budget through expenditure tracking
- Prepare budget status reports for programs and share with Accountant
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Accountant
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 6th January, 2017.
Clearly indicate the position applied for on the subject line and expected remuneration.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement