Global Programs seeks to recruit a highly competent individual for the following position: –
Lead Evaluations Advisor
We are recruiting an individual through our affiliated international NGO Global Programs for Research & Training to serve as Lead Evaluations Advisor for HIV strategic information activities. This position requires a one-year commitment, with the potential for extension at the end of the period, subject to funding availability.
Main Duties and Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Director of Strategic Information, the Lead Evaluations Advisor will work independently and with the UCSF team, the Global Programs in-country team and the National AIDS and STI Control Programme (NASCOP) Strategic Information (SI) team to develop, organize and lead implementation of public health evaluation activities that are a priority to the Ministry of Health and its partners.
- Serve as lead evaluator for Global Program evaluation projects
- Work closely with NASCOP to develop an evaluation plan/design for its HIV programs, collect data, develop relevant instruments, and report findings
- Develop and implement mixed method evaluation designs including methodology, data collection tools, and data collection protocols
- In collaboration with MOH, Coordinate and conduct data collection and analyses
- Prepare appropriate reports for various audiences and stakeholders at County and National level
- Create a variety of ways in which to share evaluation data for program stakeholders
- Provide training and technical support to MOH and partners on conducting evaluations
- Work closely with and mentor junior staff
- Organize and maintain project materials
- Master’s or doctorate degree in public health, evaluation, epidemiology or related field
- Minimum 8 years of progressive professional experience in designing, coordinating and implementing public health evaluation projects
- Proven capacity in designing and implementing robust mixed-methods – qualitative and quantitative – evaluations.
- Strong analytical skills for interpreting quantitative and qualitative data
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing and writing professional evaluation material
- Excellent writing skills including editing and proofreading as well as strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to tailor written, visual, and verbal presentations to different audiences, as appropriate
- Experience in planning and coordinating multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Availability to travel (local and international)
- 3 years’ experience supervising/leading a team.
- Strong background in international health and evaluation/research methods
- Experience working with a PEPFAR funded agency
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to email@example.com before close of business 6th January, 2017.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement