Hasbah Kenya Limited one of the leading FMCG distributor in Kenya, are seeking to recruit a highly ambitious candidate to fill in the following position in Kenya:
Channel Manager (Distribution)
The Channel Manager Distribution is accountable for the whole general trade channel that (includes Sub Distributors & Van sales) delivering superior coverage, distribution, visibility and volume Nationally.
The incumbent will report to the National Sales Manager. The position is in Nairobi
- In charge of the general trade Channel which includes all Sub Distributor business and Van business nation wide
- Responsible for the Distribution, Coverage, Visibility, Volume and Sales targets nationally ensuring the quality execution of customer based design fundamentals in store. ie: Distribution of all cores SKU’s, retail pricing objectives met, shelving and merchandising targets met van selling success criteria met or exceeded in all covered areas.
- Set and track monthly sales targets per brand, per SKU, per Rep, Per region monthly
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support service and management of resources in order to meet set performance objectives and expectations
- Responsible for selling to all the retail customers through the Sub-D captains and sales representatives
- Responsible for identifying and developing new and potential SUB DS
- Responsible for training, coaching, and tracking results of sub d captains following EDAC cycle (Educate, Demonstrate, apply, consolidated) and tracking results via daily sales reports and sport-check in the field.
- Responsible for perfect reporting of the sales data to the National Sales Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring that all the Sub Distributors are profitable and sustainable
- Prepare weekly, monthly & quarterly sales reports.
- Handle and respond to existing products queries from clients quickly, effectively and accurately.
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
- Degree/ Diploma in Business, Sales & Marketing
- Minimum 5 years’ experience handling General Trade with 2 years in managerial positions.
- Experience and knowledge in field sales especially FMCG
- Must have a valid driving licence
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A person of integrity with good business acumen
- Excellent data analysis and presentation skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16th December 2016 stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
This recruitment is open until suitable candidates are identified.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.