Head of ICT (For Medium Size Sacco in Nairobi)
Our client a medium sized Savings & Credit Cooperative Society (SACCO) wishes to recruit a competent individual to fill the position of Head of ICT
Primary Responsibility: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Head of ICT will be responsible for the smooth running of the ICT systems, offer leadership to the ICT team, coordination of departmental activities and advise the board on all matters pertaining to Information Technology in the organization.
- Oversee the formulation and implementation of ICT Strategies.
- Development, implementation and review of ICT policies for the society
- Advise management on information technology trends and the likely impact to the business
- Creating and sustaining an environment for uninterrupted information activity in the company
- Oversee the smooth functioning of the information technology department with regards to systems, networks and telecommunication for all escalated issues
- Oversee the optimal functioning and review of the Core Banking system (ERP) – Bankers realm, Orbit-r, Navision – and ensure its availability at all times
- Assessing the quality and reliability of existing hardware, software, operating systems and network components and making recommendations for necessary upgrades or replacements where necessary.
- Guiding the organization on issues of enhanced ICT infrastructure, capacity building relating to human, information, institutional and technological resources.
- Responsible for the security of all systems, network and servers.
- Responsible for data backup, security and disaster recovery policy for the company.
- Spearheading implementation of systems, maintenance of existing systems in the organization.
- Providing first line support for all the systems in the organization.
- Taking reasonable precautions to guard against corruption of data of software or damage to hardware or other facilities in the ICT department
- Administration of all servers including monitoring and user support.
- Managing all Wide Area and Local Area networks including performance monitoring and assessment of new technologies.
- Supporting all system users (both technical and operations staff).
- Supervision of the ICT team.
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA), certification in Information System Audit will be an added advantage
Experience and Attributes
- At least 3 years’ experience at management in a Financial Services Institution preferably a SACCO
- Key areas of experience should include: ICT infrastructure development and maintenance, installation and maintenance of hardware, software and database (SQL) ,installation and maintenance of ICT Network, mail servers as well as managing data backup system
- Competences required include: leadership, project management, team player, creativity and innovation, analytical thinking, resource management, communication, business analysis, decision making, relationship building , flexibility, customer service orientation
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit detailed curriculum vitae indicating their daytime telephone contacts to: email@example.com