Human Resource Officer
Reports To: HR Manager
Salary: KSH 35,000 – 43,000
As the second in command in the Human Resource Department, the HRO functions will include but not limited to:
- Ensuring compliance with labour legislations,
- processing insurance claims:- employee injury / accident claims and company property loss and motor vehicle claims as well as making follow-ups,
- implementation of HR Policies, SOPs, and manual,
- offering support to HR Manager’s initiatives on HR Functions-OSHA, WIBA, NITA, NEMA, training and development of staff, performance management, handling employee welfare issues, manpower planning and forecasting offering advice to supervisors, handling employee (Casual and Permanent) queries, processing of the payroll and
- answering all questions regarding salaries and wages, production of reliable and accurate payroll reports and general HR Administration.
Data preparation for the permanent staff payroll; Sales Debits, commissions collection from relevant persons in accounts, staff absence days and any other deduction and submitting such data to HR Manager for payroll processing and salary advances.
- Ensuring preparation of error free payroll preparations for both permanent and casual employees by ensuring proper capturing of data, benefits or deductions on the payroll without omission
- Casual payroll processing and presentation of the complete error free payroll to HR Manager early enough for approval and to ensure early payment of casuals.
- Statutory registration of permanent and casual employees Updated attendance register on daily basis at 8.30am and submit to the HRM
- Update any deduction and manage deduction list for review by the HRM.
- Prepare a monthly analysis/summary on casuals’ payroll and present it to HR Manager for decision making.
- Ensuring all employees are on payroll, handling monthly payroll adjustments and forwarding the final summary sheet to HR Manager. Handling of all payroll complaints and concerns in consultation with the HR Manager.
- Preparation of relevant correspondences in liaison with Head HR, processing clearance and communication of such information to relevant parties e.g. banks, Sacco’s, clients etc. Ensuring final dues are prepared on time for payment and forwarding to HR Head for approval
Additional Job Duties:
File Management by maintaining employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Update and harmonize Leave schedules departmentally on weekly basis
- Do inductions, reference checks, and preparation of contracts for new hires
- Monitor staff register on lateness, absenteeism and verify attendance reports from HRA
- Enrich relationship between HR Department and all employees
- Reviewing files for permanent employees on monthly basis and review casuals records on daily basis to ensure no details are missing at all times
- Ensure records for all employees on probation are in place so that their files are reviewed as they fall due.
- Ensuring all staff on probation are appraised and performance reports submitted.
- Leave management – ensuring leave records for all the employees are up-to-date, leave applications are processed in time. This includes; annual leave, sick leave, maternity/paternity leave and compassionate leave and off days.
- Opening personal files and ensuring all documentation is in place and inducting new employees into the company. You will also ensure Confirmation of staff after probation period.
- Employee file management-Ensuring all employee files are complete, well filed and all important documents are available. Ensuring all licenses for technical team are up to date including the doctors files
- Administration of medical benefits – ensuring all employees are registered with the inpatient medical scheme and removal of those who have left the company from the medical records and informing the Head HR for further action.
- Implement health and safety rules and regulations as may by delegated by the HR Manager
- Maintaining accurate information on personnel file.
- Ensure high integrity of personnel data records
- Fidelity issues: Ensure any fidelity issue is reported to the management in time and the matter reported to the police for the police abstract. All evidence must be documented and the issue reported within 48 hours.
- Follow up compensation of staff injured whilst working with the company and getting any official intercompany communication letters from the HRM
- Assist the HRM the management of Health and Safety, labour issues, and correspondences
- Conduct inductions, reference checks, preparing contracts for new hires
- Ensuring preparation of error free payroll for both permanent and casual employees by ensuring proper capturing of data, benefits or deductions on the payroll without omission
- Managing preparation of reports on payroll liabilities by supervising compilation of timely statutory NSSF, NHIF PAYE, HELB, DIT/ NITA Levy, Insurance, Sacco, Debits summaries by end of each month payroll
- Develop strong work ethic and performance culture amongst subordinates and other company employees.
- Ensuring final dues are prepared on time for payment and forwarding to HR Manager for approval
- Any other duty relating to HR management as may be assigned from time to time by the HR Manager
Skills, Interest and Qualifications:
- Three years’ hands-on experience with at least 1 year in management
- A motivated team player
- People management skills,
- Knowledge in compensation, Payroll System, pay structure, leave Schedule and reporting skills,
- Employment law and application, standard procedures and general staff matters
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Proficient with basic budget management and calculations.
- Proper planning and organisational skills
- Problem solving skills
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to manage your time and meet deadlines
- Honesty and respect for confidential information.
Education and Qualification
- Post graduate diploma in Human Resource Management.
- Degree in Human Resource Management or Business Management
- Member of Institute of Human Resource management
- Three years’ hands on experience in human resources
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your application and CV quoting the job title on the email Human Resource Officer) to firstname.lastname@example.org before COB Friday 9th December, 2016.
Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.