Registered Clinical Officer
Our Client, an International NGO whose core business is Reproductive Health and Family Planning to millions of the world’s poorest and vulnerable women, is seeking to recruit a Registered Clinical Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Based on client history, examination, lab test reports and findings and above all client needs, prescribe appropriate drugsli
- Perform appropriate procedures (including Intravenous Therapy, Norplant, IUD insertion, Pap Smear, MVA procedure and VCT).
- Ensure responsible follow up and treatment of complications. Avoid polypharmacy or any practice that may bring the organization into disrepute.
- Follow the Kenyan Clinical Guidelines for appropriate management of most conditions and illnesses.
- Conduct follow ups and reports all complications in writing within or before the end of current duty.
- Provide comprehensive client counselling on reproductive health, contraceptive options and other services.
- Ensure accurate client records are maintained in both the client record book and daily register.
- Ensure all client information is kept confidential at all times and stored appropriately.
- Ensure accurate and timely collation of activity data for internal and external reporting purposes.
- Analyze activity trends and ensure performance targets are achieved, pro-actively identifying and implementing opportunities for improvements.
- Overall quality inputs into service delivery points. Includes running full out-patient clinic and provision of surgical procedures as needed.
- Ensure proper use of medical equipment and supplies and for notifying the Centre Manager of repairs, maintenance or replacements of equipment and instruments.
- Ensure that the highest standards of reproductive health and general clinical services (including HIV/AIDS services) are achieved, as laid down in the organization’s Partnership Manual.
- Report all major and minor incidents within 24 hours
- Provide guidance and support to junior team members to fulfil their responsibilities
- Ensure management of work-plans, time off, need for locums etc.
- To support new team members in their induction & orientation and assist with training as required.
- Actively contribute to achieving the central region outreach team targets set by the organization.
- To attend & contribute to team meetings and the creation and implementation of work plans.
- Continuously strive to improve client satisfaction and deliver client-focused, high quality care.
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery from a recognized medical training college.
- Registered by the Kenya Clinical Officers Council and in possession a valid practice license.
- Practising knowledge of Sexual Reproductive Health an advantage
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 15th December, 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and salary expectation on the subject line.
NB: Flexi Personnel Ltd does not charge candidates for job placement.