Job Title: Junior Accountant
Location: Westlands, Nairobi
Position: Full Time
Reference No: JA/RHL/2016
Are you an accountant looking to work for a small but rapidly growing business entity?
Our client is providing a great opportunity for a junior accountant who is passionate about their work, highly organized and can contribute to a fun professional working environment.
Your primary tasks will include
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with other accounting projects
- At least 2 years proven experience as a junior accountant or similar position
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software (e.g. Excel, Quickbooks,Sage)
- Qualifications: Minimum of CPA II
Those working in the hospitality industry are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number: JA/RHL/2016