Kenya Ferry Services Ltd
Career Opportunities in Marine Transport Industry
Our client, Kenya Ferry Services is a State Corporation, established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya and operating under the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure, mandated with the operation of ferries in the Country.
The Company’s headquarters are set along the expansive shores of the beautiful and splendid Indian Ocean overlooking the magnificent view of the channel at Peleleza, Likoni – Mombasa.
To strengthen the team, KFS is seeking to engage a dynamic, highly driven and result oriented individual for the following key position:
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Finance Manager will be responsible for ensuring the management of
financial & ICT resources of the Company.
- Oversee preparation, revision and implementation of corporate budget;
- Design and review financial reporting systems and preparation of financial reports;
- Ensure an efficient revenue collection system;
- Attract and mobilize funds from the government and other sources for investment and operations;
- Ensure an efficient cash-fl ow management system;
- Oversee internal and external audits;
- Coordinate realization of department performance contract target for the year;
- Oversee administration of the finance department and the ICT section;
- Design, review and implement systems controls for the finance department; and
- Design, review and implement financial policies and manuals.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance/ Economics or equivalent in a related field from a recognized
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized university will be an added advantage;
- CPA (K) or ACCA (UK) or equivalent;
- Must be a member of ICPAK or other relevant professional body; and
- A minimum of twelve (12) years’ working experience with at least three (3) years in a relevant senior
How to Apply
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and should submit among other documents;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
If you believe your career objectives match the above role, please forward your application and detailed CV stating, your current position, remuneration, contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience, on or before 12th December 2016 to email@example.com
Only email applications will be accepted.
Kenya Ferry Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity within the organization.
All appointments shall be on permanent and pensionable terms.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touché Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touché Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.
© 2016 Deloitte Consulting Limited