Kenya Ferry Services Ltd
Career Opportunities in Marine Transport Industry
Our client, Kenya Ferry Services is a State Corporation, established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya and operating under the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure, mandated with the operation of ferries in the Country.
The Company’s headquarters are set along the expansive shores of the beautiful and splendid Indian Ocean overlooking the magnificent view of the channel at Peleleza, Likoni – Mombasa.
To strengthen the team, KFS is seeking to engage a dynamic, highly driven and result oriented individual for the following key position:
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, the Principal Engineer will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring
efficient repairs and maintenance of equipment, vessels, vehicles, buildings and infrastructure of the organization.
- Coordinate services and repair of all mechanical and electrical equipment and infrastructure in an efficient, cost effective and timely manner;
- Conduct the pre-assessment of work to be executed, advise management for decision making, and evaluate and report completed work;
- Prepare budget proposals for the engineering and maintenance department;
- Liaise with other departments and external suppliers/ contractors and dry docks for repairs and services;
- Liaise with the Projects Officer to ensure successful delivery of infrastructural projects;
- Ensure achievement of key performance indicators by external contractors as per the performance contracts and management recommendations;
- Develop, coordinate and update the training plan for engineering staff; and
- Coordinate all administrative activities in the Engineering department.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field from a recognized university;
- Be a member of a professional engineering body or its equivalent;
- Must have a minimum of (six) 6 years relevant experience in the marine transport industry, three (3) of
which must be at managerial level; and
- Demonstrable experience in writing and interpreting engineering reports.
How to Apply
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and should submit among other documents;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
If you believe your career objectives match the above role, please forward your application and detailed CV stating, your current position, remuneration, contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience, on or before 12th December 2016 to email@example.com
Only email applications will be accepted.
Kenya Ferry Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity within the organization.
All appointments shall be on permanent and pensionable terms.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touché Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touché Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.
© 2016 Deloitte Consulting Limited