Kenya Ferry Services Ltd
Career Opportunities in Marine Transport Industry
Our client, Kenya Ferry Services is a State Corporation, established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya and operating under the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure, mandated with the operation of ferries in the Country.
The Company’s headquarters are set along the expansive shores of the beautiful and splendid Indian Ocean overlooking the magnificent view of the channel at Peleleza, Likoni – Mombasa.
To strengthen the team, KFS is seeking to engage a dynamic, highly driven and result oriented individual for the following key position:
Principal Procurement Officer
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, the Principal Procurement Officer, will be responsible for directing and co-coordinating all procurement, stores and disposal activities in the Company in liaison with Head of Procurement.
- Coordinate development of the Departmental work plan and budget;
- Coordinate the implementation of the Performance Management System in the Department; and
- Prepare draft procurement plans for further processing by the Head of Procurement and Supplies.
- Prepare and float tenders in liaison with Head of Procurement and draft awarded contracts;
- Approve material requisitions for store items; and advise users during development of specifications;
- Interpret Public Procurement Law and ensure its application in all procurement and coordinate the
disposal activities for stores and equipment;
- Prepare quarterly procurement reports to Public Procurement Regulatory Authority (PPRA);
- Review of monthly procurement reports, fuel and lubricants consumption report, purchases and issues
- Coordinate internal and external audits in the department; and
- Mentor and coach staff in the Department.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Purchasing and Supplies Management or related field from a recognized
- Possession of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering will be an added advantage;
- Post-graduate qualification in Procurement, Supplies or a related field;
- Member of a Supply Chain professional body or equivalent; and
- Must have a minimum of (six) 6 years relevant experience from the marine transport industry, three (3) of
which must be at a managerial level.
How to Apply
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and should submit among other documents;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
If you believe your career objectives match the above role, please forward your application and detailed CV stating, your current position, remuneration, contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience, on or before 12th December 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only email applications will be accepted.
Kenya Ferry Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity within the organization.
All appointments shall be on permanent and pensionable terms.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touché Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touché Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.
© 2016 Deloitte Consulting Limited