Kenya Ferry Services Ltd
Career Opportunities in Marine Transport Industry
Our client, Kenya Ferry Services is a State Corporation, established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya and operating under the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure, mandated with the operation of ferries in the Country.
The Company’s headquarters are set along the expansive shores of the beautiful and splendid Indian Ocean overlooking the magnificent view of the channel at Peleleza, Likoni – Mombasa.
To strengthen the team, KFS is seeking to engage a dynamic, highly driven and result oriented individual for the following key position:
Senior Procurement Officer
Reporting to the Procurement and Supplies Manager, the Senior Procurement Officer will be responsible for
directing and coordinating all procurement, stores and disposal activities in the Company in liaison with Head of
- Consolidate requirements and needs from all user departments/sections, and advise users on
development of specifications;
- Assist in preparation and fl oat tenders in liaison with the Procurement and Supplies Manager and
drafting of awarded contracts;
- Monitor compliance with the Public Procurement and Disposal Act and regulations during evaluation of
- Review and approve floating and processing of quotations;
- Advice on safe and proper storage of stock and maintenance of stock levels and records;
- Coordinate disposal activities for stores and equipment;
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent in a related field from a recognized
- Postgraduate qualification in Procurement/ Purchasing and Supplies;
- Must be a member of KISM or other relevant professional body; and
- A minimum of 6 years’ working experience with at least three (3) years as a Procurement and Supplies
How to Apply
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and should submit among other documents;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
If you believe your career objectives match the above role, please forward your application and detailed CV stating, your current position, remuneration, contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience, on or before 12th December 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only email applications will be accepted.
Kenya Ferry Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity within the organization.
All appointments shall be on permanent and pensionable terms.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touché Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touché Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.
© 2016 Deloitte Consulting Limited