Kenya Meat Commission invites application from self-motivated and qualified candidates for the following vacancies in its establishment.
Legal Officer I
Grade KMC 5
Ref: KMC – LO/6/12/2016
The legal Officer I will report to the Company Secretary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- File all correspondences, pleadings and other necessary documents in Legal Department registry.
- Open and code relevant files in the Legal Department.
- Bring up to the attention of the Company Secretary and Legal Officer all matters for prompt action.
- Carry out searches in Court registries, Land registry and other relevant Government institutions to carry out searches and other routine duties as may be instructed.
- Keep proper records of Contracts, Statutes, Legal Transactions, inventories and other records and proper manning of the Legal registry.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor of Law degree
- An advocate of the High court
- A member of the Law Society of Kenya (LSK)
- 3 years’ experience as practicing lawyer
- Proficiency in computer applications
All applicants should have certificates of good conduct, compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, registered Credit Reference Bureau, Higher Education Loans Board and the Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission.
How to Apply
If you meet the specified minimum requirements for the positions advertised above, please send your application, current CV, certified copies of your educational certificates and transcripts, testimonials and contacts of at least three referees, current salary and benefits, daytime telephone and email contacts to the address below so as to be received by 14th December,2016.
The Managing Commissioner,
Kenya Meat Commission,
P. O. Box 2-00204,
KMC is an equal opportunity employer
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted