Career Opportunities in a Fast Growing Institution
Kenyatta University seeks to recruit competent and dedicated applicants to fill up the following positions:
Department of Physical Education
A. Gymnasium Instructor – Grade C/D
- Bachelor Degree in Physical Education or Recreation Management or Exercise / Sports Science and any other related field from a recognized institution.
- At least one (1) year work experience in a fitness Centre / Club.
- Certificate in any specialized fitness method will be an added advantage.
B. Gymnasium Attendant – Grade III/IV
- KCSE or KCE Certificate.
- Ability to maintain orderly conduct among client.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients.
- Must be prepared to work odd hours.
- Must be able and prepared to move heavy gym equipment.
How to Apply
The terms for the above position includes a generous medical scheme, house allowance and commuting allowance.
The applicants should provide full details of educational and professional qualification, work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address.
For teaching positions above Tutorial Fellow, employment will be on permanent and pensionable terms.
Tutorial Fellows are employed on one (1) year renewable contract, to the maximum of three (3) years.
Copies of certificates and testimonials should also be enclosed giving the names and addresses of three (3) referees who are conversant with the applicant’s competence in area of specialization.
Applicants and Referees should write directly to:
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration)
P. O. Box 43844 – 00100
Applications and letters from the referees should be received not later than, 13th December 2016.
Kenyatta University is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.