The Kenya Veterinary Vaccines Production Institute (KEVEVAPI) is a state corporation established under the State Corporations Act, (CAP 446) through Legal Notice No. 223 and operating under the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries, The State Department of Livestock mandated with the production, manufacturing, research and marketing of veterinary vaccines.
In order to strengthen the corporate strategy and our market leadership, we invite dynamic, innovative and self motivated candidates to submit their applications for the following position.
Human Resources Management and Administration Officer II
Ref. No: KVVI- 011/2016
Job Summary: Reporting to the Senior Human Resources and Administration Officer the incumbent will be responsible for supporting the Human Resources and Administration function in ensuring that the policies and procedures are adhered to and that the controls are effective.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Payroll administration and staff records
- Handling staff benefits matters i.e. Pension, housing, health etc
- Processing of claims and benefits;
- Manage the staff welfare programmes
- Interpretation of service regulations and policy circulars and communicate the same to staff.
- Preparation of reports and summaries.
- Maintenance of human resources statistics, job analysis and evaluation
- Ensuring proper implementation of policy decisions.
Requirements for Appointment
- Bachelors degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent from a recognized Institution;
- A diploma in Human Resource management and Development will be an added advantage
- Three (3) years relevant working experience in a busy Human resources environment.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and integrity.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to make timely and quality judgments and decisions
- Good interpersonal and team building skills necessary to drive initiatives and achieve results
- Computer literate.
Mode of Application
1. Application should be accompanied with Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport and other relevant supporting documents; a detailed Curriculum Vitae stating current position, remuneration, email and other contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and email address) of three referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
2. Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and should submit among other documents the following:
a. Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation;
b. Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
c. Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
d. Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
e. Report from the Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
3. Interested applicants should submit ten (10) hard copies of their applications which should clearly be marked ‘Application for the position of…………………….. Ref. No….
4. Applications must be received on or before Friday, 16th December 2016 at 12 noon.
Kenya Veterinary Vaccines Production Institute (KEVEVAPI)
P. O. Box 53260 – 00200,
TEL: 020-3540071/020-2174418; FAX: 020- 2472881