The Kenya Veterinary Vaccines Production Institute (KEVEVAPI) is a state corporation established under the State Corporations Act, (CAP 446) through Legal Notice No. 223 and operating under the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries, The State Department of Livestock mandated with the production, manufacturing, research and marketing of veterinary vaccines.
In order to strengthen the corporate strategy and our market leadership, we invite dynamic, innovative and self motivated candidates to submit their applications for the following position.
Senior Information Communication Technology Officer
Ref. No: KVVI- 007/2016
Job Summary: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the job holder shall be responsible for providing support on systems that facilitate effective computation, information-sharing and communication and critically ensure a continuous independent assurance on the Institute’s Information Technology (IT) as regards to confidentiality, integrity and availability of its infrastructure, processing systems and related resources in line with the Institute’s IT policy and operations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure database creation, design and management for various aspects of the institute.
- Carry out specifications for ICT equipment and systems.
- Ensuring implementation of computer programmes and systems.
- Ensure establishment of a functional back-up systems in the institute.
- Upgrading ICT infrastructure, systems and procedures and ICT budgeting.
- Develop and advise on corporate information and communication technology strategy.
- Ensure availability of systems analysis and designs.
- Training and development of staff in the unit.
- Carry out feasibility studies for areas to be computerized and make recommendations.
- Develop and implement interfacing between different programmes.
- Develop and implement guidelines for systems development, user requirements and benchmarks for the institute.
- Ensure availability of developed programs for computer applications and sub-routines including programming for a multi-user environment.
- Ensure timely renewal of software licenses.
- Ensuring security and authorized access to data processing equipment and information at the institute’s network installations.
- Commissioning, installing and testing new applications before being handed over to the user as being operational.
- Liaison with the stakeholders to provide adequate hardware maintenance.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Business Information Technology/Information Technology or its equivalent from a recognized Institution;
- Masters’ degree in Computer Science OR Information Systems from a recognized institution and
- Having served for at least five (5) years with proven competence on duty performance
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and integrity.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE/MCP)
- Cisco certified Network Administrator (CCNA)
- IT Professional Certificate (User and networking support)
- Knowledge in Web Design
- Proficiency in Script Programming – Sequential Query Language (SQL)
- Proficiency in Local and Wide Area Networking (LAN and WAN)
- Network Security certificate.
- Implementation of Hardware infrastructure and knowledge of backup processes and procedures.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity to and respect for diversity;
- Have an understanding of the structure and functions of the public sector;
- Be a visionary and result oriented thinker;
Mode of Application
1. Application should be accompanied with Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport and other relevant supporting documents; a detailed Curriculum Vitae stating current position, remuneration, email and other contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and email address) of three referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
2. Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and should submit among other documents the following:
a. Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation;
b. Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
c. Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
d. Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
e. Report from the Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
3. Interested applicants should submit ten (10) hard copies of their applications which should clearly be marked ‘Application for the position of…………………….. Ref. No….
4. Applications must be received on or before Friday, 16th December 2016 at 12 noon.
Kenya Veterinary Vaccines Production Institute (KEVEVAPI)
P. O. Box 53260 – 00200,
TEL: 020-3540071/020-2174418; FAX: 020- 2472881