The company is seeking an experienced, detail oriented, exceptionally organised person to take on the role of Procurement & Logistics Manager.
- Logistics – organizing export with Chinese (and potentially other) suppliers and liaise with local import agents in Kenya
- Vendor relations (including contract manufacturers)
- Supply & Demand Forecasting – work with management team to determine ordering needs, lead times etc.
- Coordinate strategic sourcing, planning and logistics activities for the business.
- Maintain material resources planning and logistics activities for the business.
- Facilitate activities with engineering and other departments in the clarification and development of clear and concise specifications for materials, products, equipment and services.
- Work with the R&D team to help guide new product development
- Assist in ERP implementation and training
- Work with Inventory & Supply Chain Controller on warehousing and material control, including monthly analysis if variances. Try to reduce monthly materials variances
- Work with the Quality Manager to ensure the quality of our raw materials are sufficient, whether being procured in Kenya or other countries
- Drive continuous improvements in the supply chain
- Lead team in negotiations with vendors/carriers in an effort to gain the required service levels at a price point that enhances organizational profitability.
- Lead supply chain team in identifying risk mitigation requirements.
- Facilitate organisational activities to mitigating risk.
- Degree in procurement preferable or in a related field
- Previous experience in supply chain, procurement or similar.
- At least 4 years experience in the similar role.
- Detail oriented.
- Problem solver
- Risk averse.
- Excellent communication skills.
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2586”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2586 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 6th January 2017
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS or online.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.