Reporting to the Director of Programme Operations, the purpose of this role is to provide leadership and oversight of the successful delivery of a strategic channel of work by creating CYPs in MSK’s SRH & FP Outreach Programming.
The position is a member of the Senior Management leadership team of MSK whose members strongly reflect MSK’s values in their behavior.
Marie Stopes Kenya is an NGO registered in Kenya. We are affiliated to Marie Stopes International.
The post holder commits to and is held accountable to Marie Stopes International global core values:
Mission driven; customer focused; results orientated; pioneering; sustainable and people centered
Key Result Areas
- Working closely with the Regional Coordinators and Outreach Team Leaders, identify strategic needs across the channel and create solutions for issues arising
- Analyse and present performance trends and create long term strategies for improving performance
- Contribute to writing proposals for new funding and reports for existing funding
- Provide technical support to field teams as regards integration of on ASRH in Outreach
- Revise and approve, along with regional coordinators, all monthly outreach schedules and advance requests
- Compile and revise monthly orders for supplies and equipment
- Work with Deputy Director, Programme Operations, to maintain a list of all vacancies and fill vacancies in a timely manner
- Regular collation and reporting on progress to Regional Coordinators, other channels, the department and CMT
- Create, agree and communicate proposals for action to rectify any performance issues
- Implement interventions to reduce opportunities for fraud, both in expenditure and service numbers
- Ensure channel performance improves year on year
- Sufficient funding for outreach channel
- Outreach operations run smoothly throughout the year
- Teams have the funds, materials and equipment to achieve their targets
- Occasional papers
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field for example in Medicine, Nursing, Public Health, Project Management and Development studies.
- Master’s degree is desirable
- Project Cycle management training desirable
- More than one Kenyan language desirable
- Knowledge of clinical quality and minimum standards essential
- Experience and knowledge of health financing or Kenyan health sector
- Clear ability to identify and set targets
- Budget management
- Excellent understanding of donor contract requirements
- Demonstrated ability in facilitating capacity development in more junior staff
- Excellent communicator to others on key strategic issues
- Excellent reporting skills
- Knowledge on USG rules and regulations is an added advantage.
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other not relatives) should be submitted to: email@example.com on or before 21st December 2016.
NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “Senior Coordinator Outreach”