The National Authority for the Campaign Against Alcohol and Drug Abuse (NACADA) was established vide an Act of Parliament in July 2012, and mandated to coordinate a multi-sectoral effort aimed at preventing, controlling and mitigating the impact of alcohol and drug abuse in Kenya.
NACADA wishes to recruit dynamic, result-oriented and self-driven Kenyan citizens to fill the following vacant positions:
Position Title: Manager – Human Resource & Administration
Ref No: NAC/MHRA/01/12/16
Reporting to: Director, Finance and Administration
Duty station: Nairobi
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, organization, administration and control of activities in Human Resource and Administration sections;
- Implementation of human resources management policies, rules and regulations;
- Develop and implement the human resources management strategy to ensure that the Authority’s objectives are met;
- Develop and continuously update human resource management and administrative policies and procedures including an optimal performance management system;
- Develop and implement appropriate human resources strategies on HR planning, recruitment, staff retention and succession management;
- Responsible for talent management and staff development;
- Offer technical support and advice on all administrative issues to ensure that systems are developed and maintained in NACADA;
- Supervise and manage key staff in human resource and administration Units.
Requirements for Appointment
- Master’s degree in Human Resources or Business Administration from a recognized University;
- Must have a Higher National Diploma in Human Resources Management or Membership to IHRM;
- Seven (7) years proven experience and track record in management of Human Resources and Administration functions with at least three(3) at management level;
- Thorough knowledge of Labour laws and policies;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a participatory management style;
- Must meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution 2010 on Integrity;
- Excellent capability for critical judgment, management and problem solving skills;
- Excellent computer skills with a working knowledge of IHRMIS or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) modules.
How to Apply
Candidates should forward their applications by post, courier or hand-delivery, enclosing current and detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates, day time telephone contacts, current and expected remuneration, notice period required to take up the appointment if successful, and names, addresses and emails of (3) three professional referees.
Please NOTE that shortlisted candidates would be required to provide copies of clearance certficates from the following Institutions: The Criminal Investigation Department (CID), The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), The Kenya Revenue Authority(KRA) and The Ethics sand Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC).
All applications MUST have the job reference number clearly marked on the envelope so as to reach the undersigned not later than Tuesday 20th December, 2016.
NACADA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Youth, Women and Persons with Disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing will lead to disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Ag. Chief Executive Officer
National Authority For the Camapign Against Alcohol and Drug Abuse,
NSSF Building, Block A, Eastern Wing, 18th Floor,
P.O. Box 10774-00100 GPO,
NEED SOMEONE TO TALK ON ALCOHOL & DRUGS? CALL OUR HELPLINE NUMBER 1192, FREE OF CHARGE