The National Authority for the Campaign Against Alcohol and Drug Abuse (NACADA) was established vide an Act of Parliament in July 2012, and mandated to coordinate a multi-sectoral effort aimed at preventing, controlling and mitigating the impact of alcohol and drug abuse in Kenya.
NACADA wishes to recruit a dynamic, result-oriented and self-driven Kenyan citizen to fill the following vacant position:
Internal Audit & Risk Officer III
Ref No: NAC/IARO/01/12/16
Reporting to: Head of Risk & Internal Audit
Duty station: Nairobi
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in development and implementation of Annual Risk-Based work Plan and programmes aligned to the Authority’s objectives;
- Evaluate adequacy and effectiveness of controls and methodology established by management to ensure that identified risks are appropriately mitigated at both strategic and operational level;
- Undertake financial, operational and investigative audits;
- Review of final accounts and management reports;
- Assess operations of various departments to assure they are conducted in compliance with laid down policy, procedure, work instructions and statutory regulations;
- Identifying possible risks in various activities carried out by Authority; recommend the appropriate control measures, and follow -up on implementation;
- Assist in preparation of internal audit reports and providing secretarial services to the Risk and Audit Board Committee;
- Facilitating maintenance of ISO standards and other quality standards implemented by the Authority.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance / Economics / Business Administration/ Mathematics from a recognized institution and CPA part II OR CPA (K) or Certified Internal Auditors (CIA);
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience in a similar or comparable position;
- Good knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations;
- Must possess excellent communication skills (English and Kiswahili both oral and written) and a team player;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Knowledge of Government financial accounting and NAVISION system will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Candidates should forward their applications by post, courier or hand-delivery, enclosing current and detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates, day time telephone contacts, current and expected remuneration, notice period required to take up the appointment if successful, and names, addresses and emails of (3) three professional referees.
Please NOTE that shortlisted candidates would be required to provide copies of clearance certficates from the following Institutions: The Criminal Investigation Department (CID), The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), The Kenya Revenue Authority(KRA) and The Ethics sand Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC).
All applications MUST have the job reference number clearly marked on the envelope so as to reach the undersigned not later than Tuesday 20th December, 2016.
NACADA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Youth, Women and Persons with Disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing will lead to disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Ag. Chief Executive Officer
National Authority For the Camapign Against Alcohol and Drug Abuse,
NSSF Building, Block A, Eastern Wing, 18th Floor,
P.O. Box 10774-00100 GPO,
NEED SOMEONE TO TALK ON ALCOHOL & DRUGS? CALL OUR HELPLINE NUMBER 1192, FREE OF CHARGE