One Acre Fund
Software Support Specialist
Exceptional professional with 2 year(s) of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for international development and software design and development. East African candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Job Location: Bungoma
Duration: Minimum two year’s commitment, full-time job.
Job Description: The Software Support Specialist will work directly with the Software Development team in Bungoma.
His/Her duties will include administrative and technical support on an as-needed basis for the various development projects in process at any given time.
Initially, this role will be heavily administrative and will include supporting the Software Support Engineer, but the right applicant will grow toward a role with more technical responsibilities, programming opportunities and development exposure.
Career Growth and Development: One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills.
Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews.
We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about.
You will have access to regular and ongoing professional development opportunities aimed at building the soft and hard skills required for quick rapid professional growth. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions.
This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking 1 exceptional professional with 2 year(s) of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for international development and software design and development.
Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g. leading a conference, or starting a business).
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work
- Top-performing academic background (include GPA on your resume)
- We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Software development experience: at least a CS degree with a software focus or 1+ year of professional software development related experience. Experience with any of: C#, ASP.NET MVC, MS SQL Server, AngularJS, would be considered a plus.
- Language: English required
Preferred Start Date:
Compensation: Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with raises for performance.
Benefits: Housing, transportation, and airtime allowance.
Note: We will not be able to sponsor a visa for this position.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online