One Acre Fund
Technology Support Specialist
Exceptional professional with 2 year(s) of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for international development. East African candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Job Location: Bungoma
Duration: Minimum two year’s commitment, full-time job.
Job Description: The Technology Support Specialist will work directly with the Software Development Team and Product Managers to expedite and assist with bug reports.
S/he will log bug reports, assist with resolution, escalate when necessary, and provide regular updates to the person who reported it.
A successful candidate will have excellent communication and troubleshooting skills, will be self-motivated, able to learn quickly, and have a penchant for software and technology.
This role has growth paths in Customer Support, Software QA, Product Management, or Software Development.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills.
Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews.
We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about.
You will have access to regular and ongoing professional development opportunities aimed at building the soft and hard skills required for quick rapid professional growth.
Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking 1 exceptional professional(s) with 2 year(s) of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for international development.
Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g. leading a conference, or starting a business).
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work
- Top-performing academic background (include GPA on your resume)
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Demonstrated skills in Software Support, Software Development or Software QA.
- A CS-related degree or at least 1 year professional experience in a software-related role.
- We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Language: English required
Preferred Start Date:
Compensation: Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with raises for performance.
Benefits: Housing, transportation, and airtime allowance.
Note: We will not be able to sponsor a visa for this position.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online