Position: Head of Enterprise Technical Support
Reporting to: DCTO / Head of Technology Support with a dotted line to the MD – Enterprise
Department: Technology Division
Role Purpose: The Head of Enterprise Technical Support will be responsible for ensuring that the Enterprise Technical Support (ETS) strategy and initiatives are
Ensure availability of resources to deliver high standards in proactive management of service issues arising from key enterprise customers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- ETS Strategy: Responsible for ensuring that the ETS strategy and initiatives are executed with measurable results.
- ETS Operational Plan: Ensure ETS operational planning and performance management while working with other stakeholders in the business.
- Resources & Enablement: Ensure availability of resources to deliver high standards in proactive management of service issues arising from key enterprise customers.
- Training & Skills: Develop and implement the team’s technical up-skilling programs aimed at building a superior 24/7 technical support to key customers.
- KPIs & Objectives: Ensure that the team delivers on the set objectives for 1st contact resolution, active service monitoring, proactive notification, and proactive service improvement plans.
- Systems & Processes: Develop, review, and implement policies, processes, procedures and systems that shall govern the running of the team while ensuring that they are followed to achieve business objectives.
- Excellence Initiatives: Develop initiatives to improve ETS performance aimed at achieving service excellence for key customers.
- Escalations: Management of escalated technical challenges from engineers and comprehensive resolution within SLA and as per defined support processes and policies.
- ETS Budget: Budget/cost analysis and management for the team.
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- University degree in IT/Computer Science/Engineering/Telecommunications.
- Advanced practical knowledge in Information Technology or Networking.
- 4-6 years’ senior management experience in a technical customer support or technology management role.
- Additional certification in Networking (CCNA, CCNP) an added advantage.
- Customer & results orientation
- Proven expertise in people management.
- Experience with managing Enterprise customers’ expectations
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly in a self-study environment.
- Planning and organizing and pro-active approach
- Team-work, communication and co-operation
- Willing to work a flexible schedule to meet24/7 business requirements
- Proven capability to cascade information. (Training & Coaching)
This position is opened to Kenyan citizens only.
If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 28th December 2016, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the job title in the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.