Position: Manager Enterprise Technical Support Help Desk
Reporting to: Head of Enterprise Technical Support
Department: Technology Division
Role Purpose: The Manager Enterprise Technical Support Help Desk will be responsible for timely management and resolution of escalated cases.
He/ She will also be required to develop and implement support engineers’ technical up-skilling programs aimed at building a superior technical support team.
Also provide leadership, guidance and support to assigned support engineers within the Enterprise Technical Support team and responsible for reviewing support engineers performance and ensuring that set standards, policies and procedures are followed to achieve business and sectional objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Performance Management: Monitor, evaluate and appraise individual and team performance and enforce the stipulated departments’ KPI’s as per the agreed SLA and Standards to meet the service level and response time objectives.
- Escalations: Management of escalated technical challenges from engineers and comprehensive resolution within SLA and as per defined support processes and policies.
- Quality Assessment: Meet quality objectives through Quality Monitoring as per defined schedule, quality criteria and process.
- Training: Development and implementation of continuous training, coaching, mentoring sessions for the Enterprise Support Engineers (ESE) with an aim of improving workflow efficiencies and productivity.
- Team enablement: Co-ordinate with the Head of Enterprise Support to ensure all the required working resources have been provided and are efficiently utilized through effective organization and planning of team activities.
- Continuous Improvement: Ensure proactive scoping, solution provision and documentation of recurrent technical client complaints.
- Long term solutions: Work with internal engineering teams, peers and team leaders to identify/isolate root cause and support implementation of solutions that have identified through problem replication.
- Processes, policies and systems: Support the Field Intervention Teams in the development and implementation of processes, policies and systems to ensure operational efficiency.
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- University degree in IT/Computer Science/Engineering/Telecommunications.
- Advanced practical knowledge in Information Technology or Networking.
- Knowledge of Mail Systems management.
- 2 – 5 years’ Work experience in tier 2 network support or as a support engineer.
- Customer & results orientation
- Experience with managing Enterprise customers’ expectations
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly in a self-study environment.
- Problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical thinking
- Planning and organizing and pro-active approach
- Team-work, communication and co-operation
- Ability to multi-task in a high pressured, time critical environment.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule to meet24/7 business requirements
This position is opened to Kenyan citizens only.
If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 28th December 2016, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through email@example.com and quote the job title in the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.