Position: Manager – MFS Training and Processes
Reporting to: Head of Product Management – Mobile Financial Services (MFS)
Department: Mobile Financial Services
Role Purpose: To manage the systems, Products & Services training within the division Ensuring all Mobile Financial Services processes and procedures are well documented and are aligned to customers’, agents’ and merchants’ expectations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts training needs assessment by collecting information pertaining to work procedures, work flow, and reports; understanding job-specific functions and tasks.
- Designs training manuals by identifying and describing information needs; using available software programs to develop the training material; submitting initial versions for review; revising and editing final copy.
- Maintains safe and healthy training environment by following organization standards and legal regulations.
- Conduct training classes ensuring train the trainer methodology is used to disseminate all training material into the channels.
- Maintain the highest quality of service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Evaluate the training requirements by evaluating the duties of the MFS job descriptions as well as team analysis of the MFS team. Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Undertake leadership in the tracking and follow up of all MFS training activities within the division.
- Maintain strong ties and consistent communication with HR, Customer, Agent and Merchant facing Departments, Technical and Marketing teams to capture appropriate commercial requirements and manage technical implementation and project timelines.
- Establish KPIs, conduct monthly performance evaluations and plan staff training and skills improvement.
- Document and continuously update the new & existing mobile financial services products and services processes and procedures.
- Comprehensively test all new products and services or changes to existing products and services
- Perform new product/service reviews to determine whether the internal staff are well informed on product and services as per defined procedures and provide documented recommendations.
- Timely documentation of all reviews made on mobile financial services processes and procedures after consultations with the necessary team heads and teams.
- Escalate to the Process Manager recommendations on identified gaps in the processes and procedures and on the procedures audit link.
- Timely submission of comprehensive reports to the HOD as defined from time to time within agreed timelines
- In liaison with the necessary workforce management team, provide weekly reports on staff training schedules on new/modified products and services prior to product/service launch.
- Carrying out comprehensive tests as per agreed timeframes.
- Ensure any process and/or procedure changes are communicated to the mobile financial services division within 24 hours of approval.
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Degree, Bachelor of commerce, Marketing, Project Management commercial focus preferred
- 3-5 years relevant experience in a managerial or specialist role within a Telecommunications or Financial Services environment, having being exposed to multiple disciplines.
- Relevant experience in product operation role within a product development environment, having being exposed to product development processes and support.
- Project Management – experience in documentation of project processes.
- Customer focused – passionate about delivery of results to internal and external customers
- Solid understanding of market, competitors, & customer.
- Strategically Oriented – solid understanding of the integrated set of products and services included within the MFS portfolio; able to identify opportunities and define and implement these opportunities.
- Strong Analytical skills – able to assess reports, identify issues, root cause, and recommend solutions, expert spread sheet skills a distinct advantage.
- Financial Management – develop and manage budgets, drive down costs wherever possible.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Presentation and communication skills – superior, both written and oral. Experience in report writing
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only.
If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 19th December 2016, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through email@example.com and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.