AIRS (Africa Indoor Residual Spraying 2) Project to be implemented in
six sub counties (Rongo, Awendo, Uriri, Suna East, Suna West and
Nyatike) in Migori, Kenya in the following positions:
The USAID-funded PMI AIRS (Africa Indoor Residual Spraying 2) Project
led by Abt Associates supports the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI),
as well as USAID Missions and Bureaus
programs outside the PMI focus countries, in planning and implementing
IRS programs with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria in
Africa by enhancing USAID’s ability to implement IRS programs on the
ground through cost-effective commodities procurement and logistics
systems, access to technical expertise, and implementation of IRS in
countries affected by malaria.
The PMI AIRS Project is led by Abt
Associates, an international development organization composed of
dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research,
analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries.
Major purpose of the position: The major purpose is to support the Country Finance Manager and Project Accountant in collecting the required information from county sites for processing timely payment of county spraying staff and preparing the payment schedule.
- Assist in developing a database of all field staff involved in the district spraying
- Compile team member payroll data and other records to ensure the timely and accurate disbursement of payments; calculate wages, and pay adjustments in payroll process.
- Ensuring that the daily work logs are completed and submitted by team leaders and supervisors.
- Obtains and maintains personal information from all county spray teams which is used in administering their pay e.g. ID number, telephone numbers etc.
- Assist in review of the financial data from field stations by verifying the accuracy of information/support documentations and reasonableness of costs.
- Organize the financial document filing system for the counties.
- Provide high level of customer service to internal and external stakeholders of the organization
- Maintain strict confidentiality as it relates to all information.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Completion of secondary education. Post-secondary qualification at diploma level in a financial administrative or related field required.
- Holders of Bachelor’s degrees and CPA K preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience in finance, budget, accounting, administrative services or related area with 1 year experience in the same capacity supporting a donor funded project with strict adherence to financial management policies and procedures.
- Must be computer literate and well conversant of Excel and Ms Word
- Proficiency in English and Kiswahili.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to use spreadsheets and other accounting software
candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and CV to
firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position being
applied in e-mail subject line e.g. “Community Mobilization/IEC
Assistant” and specify location/ward preferred of by COB Friday,
December 12th, 2016.
Equal Opportunity Employer: As
an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is
committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where
our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm’s
values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal
employment to all participants and employees without regard to age,
race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital
status, or veteran status.