A Christian based school located in Nairobi is seeking to recruit a Head Teacher.
The incumbent must be a Christian.
Job Title: Head Teacher – Primary School
Reports To: Administrator
Job Purpose: Ensure adherence to set school teaching and curriculum completions well as observe highest level of operating standards and ensure the school benchmarks against the best in region schools.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Ensure compliance to and implementation of recommendations from the Ministry of Education;
- Ensure syllabus for all lower classes is covered to the MoE standard;
- Manages and ensures the pre-school teachers meet their set performance target;
- Conducts objective quarterly performance appraisals for all direct reports and guided by the school’s performance policy;
- Attends to parents and school guests and attends to all the queries or concerns they might have to the extent of his/her role.
- Tasked with ensuring proper discipline is enforced in pre-school and ensuring it is being carried our as per school policy
- Manage and ensure proper delivery of duties by the support staff
- Be conversant with current early childhood theory and practices and have the ability to communicate this knowledge, deliver high quality early childhood education & model appropriate and teaching strategies and articulate their teaching philosophy and the theories on which it is based.
- Demonstrate a high level of quality interaction with children and the programmes demonstrate a genuine understanding of children as competent and confident learners.
- Work and communicate effectively with colleagues, parents and caregivers and their children. Demonstrate a range of appropriate communication skills to develop a professional working relationship with teachers, parents and caregivers and children.
- Steps in for the administrator in case of absence
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical mental and social development such as games, arts and crafts, music and storytelling.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Very good command of English
- Highly organized, punctual and responsible
- Excellent computer skills
- Leadership skills
Education and Training
- Diploma in Early Childhood Development, KHA training will be an added advantage.
- 3 years professional experience as a qualified teacher.
- First Aid knowledge
- Computer literacy
If you meet the above qualifications kindly send your CV to email@example.com by C.O. B tomorrow 13th December 2016.