Duma works is recruiting a Proposal Writer / Consultant for one of our clients, TechnoServe.
Company Background: TechnoServe is an international, non-profit economic development organization founded in 1968 out of a conviction that a vibrant private sector is an essential foundation for economic growth and poverty reduction.
TechnoServe undertakes targeted, catalytic technical assistance and other programming to increase the competitiveness of entrepreneurs, businesses and industries that in turn provide sustainable employment, inclusion of the poor and increased incomes.
TechnoServe is currently implementing the Bill and Melinda Gates funded Innovations for Outcome Measurement project whose objective is to promote the scale-up of breakthrough innovations by testing and evaluating a discrete set of high potential, innovative technologies for increasing agricultural productivity, identifying barriers for their adoption, and developing business cases for their replication and adoption at scale through private and public sector mechanisms.
TechnoServe seeks to engage a consultant/consulting firm to provide support in documenting project reports and leanings, together with proposal writing to attract donor and stakeholders’ attention.
The documentation is to showcase key innovations from IOM’s work with potential for scale as well as to increase agricultural productivity and measurement. Technoserve will use the documents for interaction with public and private sector partners.
General Objective: The main objective of the consultancy is to demonstrate in a reader-friendly format the work of IOM to external audiences about who we are, what we do and how we do it.
The consultant is expected to identify information from project documents and interview beneficiaries (if relevant) as well as identify appropriate photos from the project to illustrate the stories.
The consultant will be supervised by the Regional Project Manager.
Tasks of the Consultant
- Collect information from the various project documents with the support of project staff
- Record human interest stories in appropriate medium such as articles, photos, videos, for publication in the Technoserve website, brochures and other marketing materials.
- Collate content and appropriate images/photography from the IOM Team
- Produce the text and info-graphics as well as photographs in appropriate layout to highlight success stories, including voices of beneficiaries and other stakeholders
- Write and edit the agreed content with a professional writing style
- Revise and finalize the documentation following feedback from the IOM Team
- Support selected IOM innovator partner(s) to develop proposal(s) drawn upon innovations and/or lessons learnt from ongoing work for funding as will be advised by the project Team, December 1st 2016 through March 31st 2017
- 2016 IOM Annual Report, draft due January 16th 2017
- One to two- page brochure on each IOM innovation and their status, due January 31st2017
- At least four (4) human interest stories from IOM innovations, drafts due March 15th 2017
An innovator supported to develop a high quality, timely and credible final proposals and budgets that meet funding quality and cost recovery requirements.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in communications and/or journalism or English
- At least ten years of professional experience in journalism, or related communication field
- Demonstrated experience writing successful proposals
- Demonstrable experience of publishing technical, policy, or programmatic outputs
- Excellent English language writing and editing
- Knowledge of photography, graphics and video is considered as an added advantage
- Proven experience working with regional/international organizations
- Ability to analyze and synthesize relevant information to the benefit of Technoserve
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Initiative, resourcefulness, timeliness
Cover Letter describing your interest and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2571”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2571 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 25th December 2016
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.