Quality Control Manager – Orchird
- To provide a professional interface between the Company and Growers, through delivering a transparent and honest relationship with growers, with a focus on securing new supply.
- Assist growers to improve orchard performance by optimizing production, while operating and maintaining the assets in a professional manner comparable to best industry practices.
- Responsible and accountable for the safety, financial performance, people production, stewardship and operation of the post-harvest facilities and fruit quality stewardship through to delivery to the marketer.
- Ensuring the packed Avocados is managed for quality in a timely manner, to meet the contractual load out commitments between the company and industry suppliers.
- Actively seek out and develop relationships with potential new growers to deliver targeted value and quality produce to the business.
- Maintain an active public presence to positively promote the Company to the growers.
- Proactively obtain grower commitment and signing to supply contract.
- Actively seek out orchard lease or management contract opportunities.
- Interfacing the organizations Pest Monitoring policy & information with growers.
- Manage/facilitate the relationship between Post Harvest, Picking Contractors and the Grower.
- Facilitate the reporting of results to the grower in a timely manner.
- Proactively look for opportunities to add additional value to growers.
- Proactively deal with grower issues, queries or referrals from Grower Information Services.
- Formalize the short, medium and long term goals and strategic plan for each orchard.
- Target production for the season.
- To supply and manage comprehensive orchard budgets that are updated monthly with monthly reports of expenditure.
- These reports cover work carried out on orchard, updates on fruit/bud counts and any new developments applicable to the orchard owners.
Key Performance Measurements:
- Management and retention of key staff.
- Retention and growth of business
- Achievement of quality yield
- Standard and quality of workmanship and image/appearance of orchards
- H & S implementation and audit results both in the pack house and on orchard.
- Fruit storage performance
- Pack house budgets and labor costs achieved
- To supply orchard owners with comprehensive budgets.
- Contribution to Company financial results.
- BSc. Degree in agricultural sciences or food sciences.
- Masters or MBA preferred added advantage.
- 2-3 years’ progressive experience in a similar role
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- People management & retention of key resources.
- Good knowledge of the Orchids locations in Kenya.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Quality Control Manager – Orchid on the Subject line.