Principal Role: To provide support in the management of student billings and collections, as well as handling parent queries.
- Receive fees payment- cash and cheques and providing receipts for all monies collected.
- Arranging for intact banking of cash and cheques as and when required.
- Prepare daily fees collection summary showing total fees received and total fees forwarded for banking.
- Custody, payment and reimbursement of petty cash as may be necessary.
- Respond to parents questions on fee balances and maintain a log of parents complains including emails indicating how these have been handled and submitting the log the senior financial accountant on a daily basis.
- Updating Debtors schedule as delegated by the Senior Financial Accountant and submitting the report on a weekly basis.
- Complete records on new enrolments and process in the SMS application as required by the Senior Financial accountant.
- Verify students transport billing and weekly boarding sheets and report variances to the Senior financial accountant.
- Assist in reviewing, verifying and coordination of teachers’ claims such as remedial lessons and extra curriculum allowance claims as required.
- Provide evidence of billing and payment of students’ optional activities to support payment claims to respective service providers (consultants and teachers as the case may be).
- Any other duty that may be assigned by management.
- A business related degree and a registered professional Accountant.
- A minimum of 4 years working experience, 2 of which must be in a busy education institution.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to details, strict adherence to deadlines and a team player.
- Excellent communication, good public relation and demonstrable decision making skills.
- Computer literate and proficient in standard office computer applications.
- Knowledge of SAP will be an added advantage.
Employment Policy Statement: In line with its values and the Employment Act 2007 provisions, Riara Group of Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to promote good and fair employment practices which are intended to achieve the most effective use of all its human resources.