- National legislation,
- Kenya concession environmental and social management obligations,
- Permits and License conditions,
- IFC Performance Standards and other Safeguard Policies
- Liaise with the National Environmental Management Authority (NEMA).
- Conduct internal environmental awareness training.
- Conduct environmental induction for new staff, visitors and contractors.
- Carry out internal compliance audits to the IEMS, EMP and other management systems.
- Review environmental monitoring reports and update corrective action registers.
- Update and maintain hazardous and non-hazardous waste records.
- Update facility specific waste management plans.
- Audit third party waste management facilities.
- Supervise third party NEMA licensed waste handlers.
- Update and maintain an environmental emergency preparedness and response plan.
- Conduct self-assessment audit for Tier 1 oil spill readiness.
- Coordinate emergency response drills with stakeholders.
- Conduct practical HAZMAT training to emergency response teams.
- Assess spill sites and recommend appropriate cleanup methods.
- Maintain an updated ecological database for the active network.
- Advise management on any significant biodiversity issues.
- Compile and review operations and vegetation management chemicals (e.g. lubricants, spirits and herbicides) consumption and reclamation inventory.
- Maintain an updated MSDS register.
- Recommend optimization opportunities for non-renewable materials consumption.
- Support the procurement process with review of new products.
- Maintain and update documentation and records.
- Coordinate ISO 14001 surveillance / certification audit.
- Follow-up with closure of non-conformities.
- Participate in management review meetings.
- Formulate IEMS Committees in all registered Workplaces.
- Offer technical support to the IEMS committees.
- Maintain and update the IEMS Manual.
- Maintain and update energy resource related data.
- Compile daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Develop facility specific energy management plans.
- Carry out internal EAs annually.
- Participate in the undertaking of EIAs.
- Minimum Degree in Environmental Studies from recognized institutions.
- A Master’s degree in Environmental studies will be an added advantage.
- MUST Be a Certified Environmental Impact Assessor and a Certified Environmental Lead Auditor by the National Environment Management Authority (NEMA).
- Hold an ISO 14001 Internal Auditor Certification by an ISO Accredited Institution.
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience in an environmental advisory role in a production setup.
- ISO 14001 working knowledge.
- Participated in an Environmental Impact Assessment and / or Environmental Audit as either a team member or contributing specialist.
- Data Analytical skills.
- Computer Literacy.
- Demonstrated ability to work under minimum supervision.
Note: The deadline for submitting application is before by close of business on 16th December, 2016
NB: In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with a certificate of Good Conduct that is not more than 6 months old.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted