Call for Youth Mentors
RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multi-disciplinary research that improves the human condition.
With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services.
Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI is currently seeking to engage mentors for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) funded project -Kenya Youth Employment and Skills Program (K-YES), a project that seeks to increase employment (self & wage employment) opportunities for youth aged 18-35years and who have less than a secondary school education.
The K-YES is a 5 year activity that will result in increased workforce competitiveness in the sectors targeted by this program in Nairobi, Garissa, Kwale, Kericho and Bungoma.
We seek to call on mentors for the Youth in the following areas of specialization.
- Plumbing, Masonry and Carpentry
- Welding and Electricians
- Hairdressing, Tailoring/dressmaking
- Farming (Poultry farmers, small scale farmers)
- Hospitality (Catering, housekeeping, cleaning etc.)
- Trading (Wholesale and Retail trade)
- Transport (Drivers, Motor vehicle mechanics, bicycle repairs, motorbike riders)
- Entertainment industry
Qualification and Competencies
- must be passionate about youth support
- capacity to inspire and influence young people positively
- Maximum of secondary school level education
- Holds a certification from a vocational training institution
- A person of integrity with a Certificate of good conduct Mentors
- currently in an active occupation making income that enables them have a fairly lifestyle
To express interest as a mentor, email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 9th
Applicants must include “MENTOR” and their preferred location (Nairobi, Garissa, Kwale, Kericho or Bungoma),