Sales and Marketing Manager
Salary: Kshs 30K Plus Commission
Job Location: Uganda
Reports to: Head of Operations
Job Objective: Partners closely with the internal team and managers to increase company sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for their organization, while responsible for managing the business strategy to expand the customer base in the marketing area and contributes to the Growth and retention of existing accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define strategic goals, building key customer relationships, identifying business opportunities,
- negotiating and maintaining extensive knowledge of current market condition both in Uganda and
- Work with the tech team to develop a fully functioning product that can be sold to the external users.
- Research and development of new products around mobile money and financial services.
- Develop and manage product pricing mechanisms
- Develop and supervise departmental policies
- Develop, manage and advise on departmental risk and compliance policies to new and existing products.
- Develop risk and fraud mitigating structures in the business line.
- Develop and implement the product distribution channels.
- Build sustainable relationships with business teams across the trade market line.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Assist the finance and operations team with reconciliations.
- Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding performance.
- Provides timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for
- pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Maintains accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports submitted by Account Executives.
- Creates and conducts proposal presentations and RFP responses.
- Use knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop the company’s unique selling
- propositions and differentiators.
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
Internal / External Cooperation
- Insures that all Account Executives meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes.
- Maintain a leadership position for guidance of Account Executives in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits.
- Conducts regular coaching and counseling with Account Executives to build motivation and selling skills.
- Maintains contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- 2-4 years of experience in building a collection and payments platform.
- Experience in selling and managing payment platforms.
- Experience with enterprise software solutions and large, complex organizations.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Supplier Relationship Management & Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Willingness to travel and work in a regional team of professionals.
- Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams.
How to Apply:
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Sales and Marketing Manager) to email@example.com before 26th December 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.