Job Vacancy: Project Coordinator – BSF
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets.
We franchise the toilets to community residents, who run them as commercial toilets; landlords, who offer them as a value-added service to their tenants; and schools, to ensure children always have access to a safe sanitation option.
We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training and aspirational marketing and branding. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community for treatment.
We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein, which we sell to Kenyan farms.
We launched our first toilet in November 2011, and we now have a network of over 800 active Fresh Life Toilets run by over 400 Fresh Life Operators.
We have collected and converted over 9,000 tons of waste. At the same time, we have built a team of over 250 people.
For our work, we have been recognized by Fast Company as one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World Doing Social Good and one of the 10 Best Companies in Africa.
Job Purpose Statement: This role will form a foundation for the success of the Sanergy’s Black Soldier Fly (BSF) teams.
During a project, there are many administrative, organizational and transactional activities that need to be completed for project success.
These activities support the team’s ability to perform and thus plays a crucial role in day-to-day operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The key responsibilities of the Project Coordinator include a mix of day to day transactional activities and longer term organizational responsibilities.
In a nutshell, the organization of the R&D and large scale BSF documents and administrative management fall under the Project Administrator’s responsibility.
Specifically, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Management of team shared folders and document structure
- Team related administration (reimbursements and leave paperwork)
- Working with Finance and Business Development to satisfy documentation standards and financial tracking
- Managing administration of new team members or Fellows
- Maintaining procurement and legal documentation
- Performing high level quality control on all financial, procurement and legal documentation and coordinating with team members for corrections when errors are identified
- Making process improvement projects for better team organization and operation
- Diploma in Project Management or Administration; a degree will be desirable
- Must have experience in administration
- Experience in Project management including budget tracking and procurement.
- Good communication skills; fluent in both spoken and written English
- Great organizational skills
- Resilient with ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task
- Competence in Microsoft Office applications
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 15th December, 2016