We launched our first toilet in November 2011, and we now have a network of over 800 active Fresh Life Toilets run by over 400 Fresh Life Operators.
Job Purpose Statement: The Projects Engineer (Electrical) will be responsible for the design, procurement, installation and operationalization of utilities and ancilliary units of Sanergy’s new animal feed production facility.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Facilities team to design and implement utilities required for medium scale module plant
- Complete detailed design of utilities building, boiler and electrical schematics for full scale facility
- Manage procurement, installation, commissioning and operationalizing of utilities
- Support installation, commissioning and operationalization of other units
- Work with architect, structural engineer and HVAC engineers to ensure utilities building is sized correctly and meets required specifications
- Work with the project team, consultants and contractors to enable the design, implementation and operationalization of amenities buildings for site
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in electrical design, installation and commissioning of industrial equipment
- Compilation of electrical design BQ, schematics and engineering drawings for contractor works and tender
- Experience in troubleshooting electrical faults
- Experience in design and implementation of manufacturing or process environment, preferably biological processes
- Experience with PLC is an advantage
- Can handle abstract problems and generate a range of possible solutions
- Problem solver who is resilient to setbacks and comes up with contingency plans.
- Flexibility – able to adjust to shifts in scope and timeline.
- Able to identify personal shortcomings and limitations and close those gaps.
- Strong autonomy – can self-direct and manage own deliverables and timelines.
- Frequent field visits to the production facility in Kinanie, Machakos.