We launched our first toilet in November 2011, and we now have a network of over 800 active Fresh Life Toilets run by over 400 Fresh Life Operators. We have collected and converted over 9,000 tons of waste.
Job Purpose Statement: The Mechanical Projects Engineer will be responsible for the design, procurement, installation and operationalization of the production unit of a full scale animal feed production plant.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete detailed design of production facility and equipment
- Manage procurement, installation, commissioning and operationalizing loading, unloading and containment equipment for the full scale plant
- Implement and trial the facility, climate control, shelving and containment technologies for a medium scale plant
- Develop process flows and procedures for full scale operations
- Complete risk and safety assessments on plant and adjust designs accordingly
- Optimize full scale operations by transferring learning from medium scale production plant
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in Mechanical Engineering.
- Good communication skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Process, analytical and industrial thinking, with strong qualitative analysis
- Ability to use CAD software
- Ready to potentially do some manual work.
- Can handle abstract problems and generate a range of possible solutions
- Resilient to setbacks, contingency plans
- Flexibility – able to adjust to shifts in scope and timeline
- Able to identify personal shortcomings and limitations and close those gaps
- Strong autonomy-can self-direct and manage own deliverables and timelines
- Frequent field visits to the production facility in Kinanie, Machakos.