Program Manager – Private Public Partnership
Work Type: Full time
Background: Solidaridad Eastern & Central Africa Expertise Centre (SECAEC) is a member of Solidaridad Network of Organizations.
It aims at production and supply chain development approach for market transformation in agricultural commodities such as coffee, sugarcane, livestock, cotton, textiles, tea, fruits and vegetables and gold mining.
The regional center’s support activities are spread over Eastern and Central Africa countries – Ethiopia, Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda.
Soidaridad’s inclusive sector transformation strategy is based on lessons learnt and pegged on theory of change in four key areas:-
- Result 1: Good Practices; Producers implement good agricultural, mining and industrial practices that optimize their social, environmental and economic performance.
- Result 2: Robust infrastructure; Producers have improved access to land and natural resources, labour, inputs capital, knowledge and markets.
- Result 3: Enabling policy environment; Public and corporate policies that create incentives for sustainable investments are in place and enforced.
- Result 4: Landscape management; Sustainable landscape management practices and mechanisms are in place and operational.
Job Overall Purpose: Coordinates, monitors and evaluates activities under Public Private Partnership.
Food security and nutrition
- To plan, implement and monitor food security and nutrition project (FOSEK),
- To co-ordinate with partner organisations on food security and nutrition project and link these to other initiatives so as to facilitate the exchange of information/ideas with other programmes,
- To ensure overall coordination of all financial and technical reporting in close liaison with all partners is carried out at specified intervals,
- To provide technical support in the implementation of food security and nutrition project,
- To plan, organize and conduct training and orientation for food security and nutrition projects, for the purpose of capacity building,
- To undertake field visits and surveys in order to monitor and evaluate programme implementation,
- To identify problems and propose remedial action while identifying alternative courses of action to accelerate/improve programme delivery,
- To ensure cross-cutting issues of HIV/Aids, Youth, Gender and Climate Change are incorporated within the programme,
- To coordinate and establish effective monitoring, information and reporting systems, and in the development of communication materials and strategies in order to maintain an updated database of documentation on findings and lessons learned.
- Develop company literature and other forms of communication including the planning and delivering of educational materials.
- Recommend, implement and maintain website design and operation.
- Liaise with management in the design of communication and launch of campaigns, organization functions, events and exhibitions,
- In liaison with management create press releases, news, briefs, stories, media relations content, case studies, in-house newsletter content, social media content, and speaking proposals.
- Identify, develop and execute communications strategy for key media contacts and customer references.
- To study requests for proposals (RFPs), request for concept notes (RfCNs) and expressions of interest (EoIs) and aligning these to the overall strategy through identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs,
- To gather proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals,
- To develop proposals by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials,
- To meet proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals,
- To maintain quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; and improve proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes,
- To obtain approvals by reviewing proposals with key providers and project managers, maintain work networks that aid in knowledge on proposals and manage proposal support databases.
Academic / Professional
- At least a Masters qualification in Business Administration or any other relevant qualification for this position,
- A First degree in Agriculture/Agribusiness/Agricultural Economics or any other relevant course,
- Not less than 5 years relevant experience and which should include programme planning, management, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good presentation skills
- High problem solving skills
- High level of accuracy
- High Integrity
How to Apply:
Forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the recruitment reference: “Program Manager – PPP” clearly marked in the subject line of your application.
Applications must be received by 3rd January 2017 but will be reviewed as they are received due to the urgency of this recruitment.
Your C.V. and application must be no more than 4 pages in length together with the covering letter. Consolidate these as one word document.
Your application must demonstrate that all of the essential qualifications are met.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.