Oral home-based HIV testing for repeat maternal HIV testing in Kenya (OPT-HOME)
Job Description: This research study is seeking 2 full-time study nurses, 1 at Ahero County Hospital and 1 in Nairobi.
Study Nurse Responsibilities and Requirements
- Recruit and enroll participants into the study
- Collect data per approved Standard Operating Procedures and input into Android tablet system
- Conduct rapid HIV testing for study participants
- Counsel women on oral HIV testing, and provide instructions for oral HIV testing
- Counsel women on partner HIV testing, with oral HIV test kit or refer partners to clinic
- Counsel women on HIV and prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission
- Submit twice-weekly summaries of recruitment and enrollment into the study to the study coordinator
- Participate in twice-weekly phone call with PI and rest of study staff
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills Required
- Registered Nurse/Higher Diploma in nursing
- Excellent computer skills
- Past research experience: At least one year
- Held a previous position in Maternal and Child Health and/or HIV testing
- Excellent communication skills: Must be able to communicate regularly with PI via email and Skype
- Excellent skills with mobile technology
- Language skills: fluency in English, Kiswahili, and Luo
- Team player with ability to work closely with other study staff at the site
Salary: Contract with UW-Kenya for 2 months with the potential to extend renewal until subcontract with Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH) is ready.
Total contract duration (UW-Kenya and KNH) is 1 year with the potential to extend.
Eligible for medical cover.
50,000 KES per month.
- Daniel Matemo Maina
- Dr. John Kinuthia
- Dr. Alison Drake
Please send your applications to the email: email@example.com.
Deadline is 12th December, 2016.