Systems / Requirements Analyst
Open till Thursday, 15th December, 2016
Number of Positions: 1
Job Description / Responsibilities: A systems / requirements analyst is a crucial individual in the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
The main role of a requirements analyst is to gather software requirements for brand new systems that the company plans to develop and deploy, or to collect such requirements for components of existing software whose functionality the company plans to modify and/or extend.
The systems analyst will act as an intermediary between system stakeholders (e.g., end-users of the system and the project manager) and software developers.
By effectively communicating with system stakeholders, researching and applying his/her own business and technical knowledge, the systems analyst will produce a systems requirements specification by identifying, prioritizing and documenting the user interface and technical requirements of an application’s functionality and error handling.
The systems requirements specification will then be presented to software developers for implementation.
This specification is a documentation of how the system will look (user interface) and work (technical functionality), and it may consist of diagrams, graphical representations, use cases, storyboards, etc.
After the system is implemented by the software developers, the systems analyst will also be responsible for testing the system and ensuring that it conforms to his/her requirements specification.
Any system errors arising from the tests are presented to the developers for rectification.
Education and Skills:
- A diploma or degree in any field. A BS degree in Computer Science or a related field is an added advantage.
- Excellent Information Technology (IT) skills.
- Excellent documentation skills. Ability to create neat, informative and easy-to-understand reports, diagrams, graphical models, etc., is essential.
- Great in mathematics.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Prospective candidates should possess highly logical, investigative and analytical minds.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Attentive to detail. Ability to receive, decipher, process, break down and explain complex technical info in a clear and non-ambiguous way to non-technical individuals is important.
- Good team player.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- A fast leaner. Willingness and ability to research, learn and apply new ideas quickly is extremely crucial.
- Above-average grammar skills.
Availability of Positions: Immediate
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send a detailed CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Thursday, 15th December, 2016.
Make sure to state your salary expectations (give a specific figure) in your cover letter.
The subject of your email should read “SYSTEMS/REQUIREMENTS ANALYST JOB APPLICATION”.
NOTE: Late applications or applications with incorrect email subjects or without a specific figure stating the applicant’s salary expectations will not be evaluated.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your time.