TechnoServe seeks to engage a consultant/consulting firm to provide support in documenting project reports and leanings, together with proposal writing to attract donor and stakeholders’ attention.
The consultant will be supervised by the Regional Project Manager.
- Collect information from the various project documents with the support of project staff
- Record human interest stories in appropriate medium such as articles, photos, videos, for publication in the Technoserve website, brochures and other marketing materials.
- Collate content and appropriate images/photography from the IOM Team
- Produce the text and info-graphics as well as photographs in appropriate layout to highlight success stories, including voices of beneficiaries and other stakeholders
- Write and edit the agreed content with a professional writing style
- Revise and finalize the documentation following feedback from the IOM Team
- Support selected IOM innovator partner(s) to develop proposal(s) drawn upon innovations and/or lessons learnt from ongoing work for funding as will be advised by the project Team, December 1st 2016 through March 31st 2017
- 2016 IOM Annual Report, draft due January 16th 2017
- One to two- page brochure on each IOM innovation and their status, due January 31st 2017
- At least four (4) human interest stories from IOM innovations, drafts due March 15th 2017
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in communications and/or journalism or English
- At least ten years of professional experience in journalism, or related communication field
- Demonstrated experience writing successful proposals
- Demonstrable experience of publishing technical, policy, or programmatic outputs
- Excellent English language writing and editing
- Knowledge of photography, graphics and video is considered as an added advantage
- Proven experience working with regional/international organizations
- Ability to analyze and synthesize relevant information to the benefit of Technoserve
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Initiative, resourcefulness, timeliness
Cover Letter describing your interest and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2571”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2571 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 15th December 2016
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.